|Job Title||Software Engineer|
|Location||Remote, Europe only|
What is this job position about?
The podcast revolution needs smart, innovative problem solvers who are quick on their feet. Do you want to help content creators and advertisers get heard amongst the vast ocean of the podcasting world? We connect these two worlds, enabling them to benefit from one another.
Our global podcast hosting network delivers more than 250 million listens per month across four continents, enabling more than 50 thousand podcast producers to get heard and create successful podcasts.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate engineer to work on our platform and products. You’ll work with our team of engineers and innovators to build, improve and maintain our Android applications.
You will learn how to build and maintain multiple native apps, for listeners and content creators. You are going to use state-of-the-art technologies and API while keeping reasonable compatibility with the past. We don’t want to be blocked on old stacks, so we are always pushing our codebase forward.
You’ll be asked to organize your time, plan your work and be a team player. We expect you to take ownership of the apps you work on, and that means:
- You’re responsible for the stability and performace in the field. The work is not done just because the code is merged to master.
- You’re empowered and encouraged to fix operational issues and make sure the technology powering our platform and products evolves as the industry moves forward.
What boxes do you need to tick to apply for this position?
These are the essentials:
- You are fluent in English (both verbal and written)
- You live in a European time zone (CET-2/CET+2)
- You have proven, long-term experience in building native Android applications, with Kotlin or Java
- You are familiar with most common Android API and Jetpack libraries
- You are familiar with TDD and continuous integration
- You know how to deal with REST API
This is what will get you some bonus points:
- You worked in the audio industry
- You are familiar with Dagger/Hilt, RxJava, SQLite, Jetpack Compose
- You are familiar with Android NDK
- You are familiar with Google Play Console and Firebase services