|Job Title||Software Engineer|
|Location||Remote, Europe only|
What is this job position about?
The podcast revolution needs smart, innovative problem solvers who are quick on their feet. Do you want to help content creators and advertisers get heard amongst the vast ocean of the podcasting world? We connect these two worlds, enabling them to benefit from one another.
Our global podcast hosting network delivers more than 300 million listens per month across four continents, enabling more than 50 thousand podcast producers to get heard and create successful podcasts.
We’re looking for a talented and passionate engineer to work on our platform and products. You’ll work with our team of engineers to build, improve and maintain our web applications, our APIs, and other applications built using web technologies.
You will have the chance to work on the API-first CMS that enables podcasters to manage their shows or directly on the www.spreaker.com website
We are looking for talents to grow two of our core teams:
Delta team is focused on subscriptions growth. Experiments, metrics collections, and analysis will be your day-by-day job. If you think code is only a small part of the job, you’ll feel at home here.
Opportunity team takes care of evolving our platform. Podcasting is a growing and competitive market. We strive to provide our users with the best possible platform, improving it on daily basis and reacting to the market. If you feel this is your thing, Opportunity is the right team for you.
You’ll be asked to organize your time, plan your work and be a team player. We expect you to take ownership of the systems you build, and that means:
- You’re responsible for the operational health of your services. The work is not done just because the code is merged to master.
- You’re empowered and encouraged to fix operational issues and make sure the technology powering our platform and products evolves as the industry moves forward.
What boxes do you need to tick to apply for this position?
These are the essentials:
- You are fluent in English (both verbal and written)
- You live in a European time zone (CET-2/CET+2)
- You have proven, long-term experience in building applications with PHP
- You are familiar with build automation, TDD and continuous integration
- You are familiar with HTML5, CSS3, JS
- You know how to deal with SQL databases
This is what will get you some bonus points:
- You have proven, long-term experience with Node.js
- You are familiar with PostgreSQL
- You are familiar with Redis
- You are familiar with Docker
- You are familiar with AWS
- You are familiar with Serverless architecture
What do we offer?
This is the package we offer to everyone working at Spreaker:
- Contract: a traditional employment contract if your country of residence is Italy (where Spreaker has a local branch office), or an open-ended consulting agreement if you live in another European country. In both cases, you get the exact same benefits described below.
- Laptop: a powerful M1 Macbook Pro to never feel you're wasting your time waiting for your computer to do what you need.
- Work-From-Home budget: an initial €1000 to buy everything you need to work from home, followed by a €250 yearly budget for further upgrades.
- Training budget: in addition to the internal training activities the company provides, you get €1200 on a yearly basis to spend to improve your skills. This budget can be used for example to buy conference tickets, books, attend workshops, or even pay for English lessons.
- Paid time off: in addition a company-chosen 2 weeks to cover for traditional holidays, each year you also get 6 additional weeks to use however you like. We encourage everyone to use them in full and enjoy their time off to recharge their batteries.
- Flexible hours: while we look for a significant overlap in working hours to maximize team collaboration, there's no fixed "working hours" at Spreaker. Whether you need walk the dog, go to the post office or simply enjoy spending an extra hour in bed in the morning, we've got you covered.
- Bonus policy: a yearly bonus based on company performance, adding up to an extra 10% of the yearly compensation if the expected company growth is met or exceeded.